Sunday, July 14, 2013

Geneva, June 24

Arrived without incident at about 10 in the morning (SFO - JFK - GVA).  Kiran picked us up in their diesel BMW X5 for the very short ride to their house in Grand Saconnex.  Went to a nearby mall (Balexert) and attempted to buy a sim card for my unlocked iPhone.  Swisscom was happy to sell us one, but they told us it wouldn't be too good in Italy.  In the end, we never bought one, so I still don't know for sure if my iPhone's actually unlocked.

Went to a nice trattoria for dinner after Prasanna came home, one that's owned by a friend (Tony? Tonino? My Italian fails me).

IMG_4118


Prasanna's friend suggested various vegetarian options for us, which were pretty good.   I can't keep my pastas straight, but here's what I ate.


Shashank ordered a profiterole for dessert, and Shishir and I a tiramisu.  I had no idea what a profiterole was, but here it is, in all its multi-pod glory.






We were to encounter the tiramisu later, under even better circumstances, but this one was not 'alf bad. 

2 comments:

  1. Arun, I think this type of pasta is called caserecce. Also look up gemelli or strozzapreti. I spent some time looking up pasta shapes :) and found this after a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *think* caserecce rings a bell. (But I'm not convinced that all the shapes taste different!)

    ReplyDelete